We have received many requests over the years to have a special issue of Shadow & Light Magazine featuring portraits. You asked/suggested… we listened!
We are announcing a call-for-entry for the September/October 2019 issue, featuring “Portraits.” As with most of our calls-for-entry the rules are simple:
1. All submissions must be photo-based
2. All images can’t be more than two-years old
3. Submitter must be the original creator of the image
4. All images must display at least one eye
5. Sizes: all work submitted must be 8.5×12-inches (or equivalent), sRGB, 300dpi
6. All work can be submitted in multiple downloads
7. Titles must accompany submission
8. Strict naming guidelines will be expected
(tanderson-portraits-01.jpg, 01, 02, 03, 04, etc.)
9. Photographers retain all rights to images
10. Shadow & Light Magazine may use images for promotion and publicity only
What winners will receive:
Grand Prize Winner:
• Issue Cover
• Exclusive Interview
• 12-page Portfolio Display
• Shadow & Light Magazine cup and t-shirt
• Printed copy of issue
Up to six additional winning portfolios of 10-images
All winners will have their portfolios displayed in a Special Gallery in the Shadow & Light Magazine site
For any submission process we will not accept the following:
• Full-frontal nudity
• Nude images of people under the age of 18.
• Violent acts against any body or any thing
If you question our acceptance of any image, it would probably be best to not submit that picture.
This special issue will also be distributed to more than 200 curators, gallerists, museum curators, publishers, etc.
• Deadline: August 15, 2019
• I recommend sending images through “wetransfer.com” to email@example.com