Color It Red 2018 Winners: Jim Hontz (Cover Photographer) was the Grand Prize Winner, with his winning image gracing the cover the March/April 2018 issue of Shadow & Light Magazine. He will also receive a ThinkTank Spectral 15 camera bag.
Five other finalists received a Showcase Portfolio, with at least 10 images featured, including their highest-placing image. The 2018 Color It Red Finalists are: Irving Greines, Cathy Panebianco, Dale Niles, Vicky Martin, and Rei Ben.
Throughout the years this has been a very popular call-for-entry, and we are looking forward to seeing your “Red” images.
If you want to be included in Color It Red 2019, just click the PayPal button below, pay the (very low) $25 entry fee at PayPal and you’re in! I’ll send a notice out later to those who enter for image specs and deadlines.
Previous winners are encouraged to enter, but with newer images.
Like last year, the Grand Prize winner will have her/his portfolio published as the Featured Artist in Shadow & Light Magazine, with the extra bonus in the form of also being the cover artist. Four-six runners-up will each have their portfolios published as a Showcase Portfolio. Up to 10 finalists will have one of their images selected to be included in the Single Image Showcase, a full page for each image. Up to 25 finalists will have their work featured in the Color It Red 2019 Gallery at shadowandlightmagazine.com, which will be announced February 8, 2019.
Color It Red 2019 Basic Guidelines
• Final Entry Fee: $25 for five images until January 15, 2019.
• Size: All entries shall be no more than 10-inches wide at longest side, 100 dpi, 8-bit, jpg.
• All entries can be of any style as long as they are photo-based, and have some element of the color red.
• Image Deadline: Midnight January 15, 2019.
• Winners: All winners will be announced February 8, 2019
• Please send all entries and inquiries to me, here. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jurors: Tim Anderson, Ann Hart Marquis, Pat Berrett
Copyright Notice: All entrants retain individual copyright protection. Images will be used only for promotion and publicity of this contest. If any other use is desired the copyright owner of that image(s) will be contacted.