Color It Red 2022 is Closed
Thank you one and all for your entries! They are each greatly appreciated!
• The following information is for reference only.
Jump into Spring by entering this year’s contest. It’s only $25 for 10 images and a chance at being the cover artist in the Special Color It Red issue, which will be published July 15, 2022.
Color It Red 2021 Winners: J. Felice Boucher (left, Cover Photographer) was the Grand Prize Winner, with her winning image gracing the cover the March/April 2021 issue of Shadow & Light Magazine.
Five other finalists received a Showcase Portfolio, with at least 10 images featured, including their highest-placing image. The 2021 Color It Red Finalists were: Dale Niles, Jennifer Bong, J.P. Terlizzi, Mara Zaslove, and Sheba Amante.
Throughout the years this has been a very popular call-for-entry, and we are looking forward to seeing your “Red” images.
If you want to be included in Color It Red 2022, just click the PayPal button below, pay the (very low) $25 entry fee at PayPal and you’re in!
Previous winners are encouraged to enter, but with newer images.
Like last year, the Grand Prize winner will have her/his portfolio published as the Featured Artist in Shadow & Light Magazine, with the extra bonus in the form of also being the cover artist. Four-six runners-up will each have their portfolios published as a Showcase Portfolio. Up to 10 finalists will have one of their images selected to be included in the Single Image Showcase, a full page for each image. Up to 25 finalists will have their work featured in the Color It Red 2022 Gallery at shadowandlightmagazine.com, which will be announced July 10, 2022.
Color It Red 2022 Basic Guidelines
• Final Entry Fee: $25 for 10 images
• Size: All entries shall be no more than 10-inches wide at longest side, 100 dpi, 8-bit, jpg.
• The naming convention needs to be: lastname, firstname, cir2022,title-01 (title-02, etc.)
• Entries can be of any style as long as they are photo-based, and have some element of the color red.
• Image &Entry Deadline: Midnight June 18, 2022
• Winners: All winners will be announced July 10, 2022
• Please send all entries and inquiries to me, here. (email@example.com)
Jurors: Tim Anderson, Ann Hart Marquis, Pat Berrett
Copyright Notice: All entrants retain individual copyright protection. Images will be used only for promotion and publicity of this contest. If any other use is desired the copyright owner of that image(s) will be contacted.