We are announcing a call-for-entry for the November/December 2021 issue, featuring “Black & White.”
Our first “Black & White” issue was so popular, we decided to continue with it.
As with most of our calls-for-entry the rules are simple:
1. All submissions must be photo-based, black and white only
2. No time limit on when the images were finished.
3. Submitter must be the original creator of the image
4. All images must be black and white, with NO color or tinting
5. Sizes: all work submitted must be 8.5×12-inches (or equivalent), sRGB, 300dpi
6. All work can be submitted in multiple downloads (or via wetransfer.com) to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Titles must accompany submission
8. Strict naming guidelines will be expected: Failure to follow this guideline may result in disqualification, with no refund.
(tanderson-black-and-white-01.jpg: 01, 02, 03, 04, etc.) Please substitute your name for mine.
9. Photographers retain all rights to images
10. Shadow & Light Magazine may use images for promotion and publicity only
Image Deadline: October 15, 2021…
What winners will receive:
Grand Prize Winner:
• Issue Cover (left, Sharon Cain previous winner)
• Exclusive Interview
• 12-page Portfolio Display
• Printed copy of issue
• ThinkTank Camera Bag
• Red River Photo Paper Gift Certificate
Up to six additional winning portfolios of 10-images
All winners will have their portfolios displayed in a Special Gallery in the Shadow & Light Magazine site
For any submission process we will not accept the following:
• Full-frontal nudity
• Nude images of people under the age of 18.
• Violent acts against any body or any thing
• Enter now and submit images by October 15, 2021
If you question our acceptance of any image, it would probably be best to not submit that picture.
• This special issue will also be distributed to more than 200 curators, gallerists, museum curators, publishers, etc.